Enjoy this delicious recipe with our Six Hats Chardonnay 2014. A well-rounded wine with rich red apple aromas, juicy pineapple flavours and hints of citrus and vanilla.
• 1 packet (500g) spaghetti
• 1⁄2 packet (125g) broccoli
• 1⁄2 packet (125g) extra fine green beans • 1 cup (250ml) frozen peas
• 3 baby marrows, thinly sliced
• 1⁄2 packet (75g) mange touts
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1⁄2 cup (125ml) white wine
• Zest of 1⁄2 lemon
• 3-4 Tbsp (45-60ml) crème fraiche
• Salt and pepper
• Basil leaves to garnish
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) finely grated parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup (250ml) fresh white breadcrumbs (like ciabata)
1. Preheat oven to 160 ̊C. Toss together crumbs, cheese, garlic and a drizzle of oil together on a baking tray. Bake until golden. Set aside to cool.
2. Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Blanche all the vegetables and refresh in cold water.
4. Heat a generous drizzle of oil (it will become part of the sauce) in a pan and fry garlic until fragrant. Add wine and reduce by half.
5. Add vegetables and stir-fry for a minute to reheat.
6. Stir lemon zest and crème fraiche through vegetables. Season well.
7. Toss through spaghetti.
8. Serve with crunchy breadcrumbs, Parmesan and basil leaves.