Serves 4 – 6
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage loop, sliced
- 3 small peppers, sliced
- 300g baby squid (tentacles and tubes)
- 3 big cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cans (400g each) chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups (500ml) mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup (60ml) fresh oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 3-4 Tbsp (45-60ml) spicy red pepper pesto
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) Greek Yoghurt
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan and fry the chorizo and peppers for a few minutes, remove and set aside.
2. Crank up the heat and fry calamari and garlic in batches until just cooked. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and oregano and cook for 5 minutes more.
4. Toss in chorizo, peppers and calamari and allow to re-heat. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, pesto and yoghurt. Season well.
5. Serve at once with crusty bread.